Tuesday 27 December 2011

Christmas Eve 2011

Well it's been a little while since my last blog but I thought I'd share my Christmas experience with you all.
On Christmas Eve, We invited hubby Andy's Son & his girlfriend along with Andy's daughter & her boyfriend  to a dinner party.
I tried to make a cheffy starter of garlic mushrooms & caramelised red onions in filo pastry tartlets and served it with a beetroot puree & a fromage frais mixed with mediterranean herbs. The main was Roast beef with the usual trimmings and there was a choice of desserts: Black Forest Gateau, Lemon Cheesecake or Raspberry Pavlova.  What went wrong? Well.......................
Starters: The filo tarts were like stone cases, the filling was almost cold but they tasted OK
Mains: The beef was over cooked and the yorkshires were forgotten - they actually stayed in the oven until Christmas Day!
Desserts: No fresh raspberries so tinned had to do & the cheesecake managed to collapse just before serving but it tasted just fine - The gateau couldn't go wrong - it was shop-bought!
All in all a meal not devoid of errors but I'd actually drunk so much sherry & wine by then that I actually didn't care anymore!
Presents were exchanged, Mince pies & cheese & crackers remained in the fridge and so our guests went home & I decided it was the last time I do Christmas Eve dinner. Especially when I found out after that my step-daughter & her boyfriend had had a large meal at lunchtime and weren't hungry anyway!! Why??

No comments:

Post a Comment